Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dear Husband

Dear Husband

You have been in Malawi for 4 days now and normally I don't mind it if you go away, but this time I am really missing you.

I know you are working very hard and I am very proud of you.

I just miss your body next to mine in bed. And I miss talking to you about various things. And I miss eating together in the evenings. And I miss watching TV with you, laughing with you, joking around, lying in your arms, and arguing about the TV channels.

I also miss you at night when Sadie wants to go pee, and when Colby wants his food at 5:00 in the morning. I miss you when I need to lock all the gates and when I need someone to run my bath while I lie in for another 5 minutes. I miss you when I have to make hot chocolate for myself and when I have to carry all the groceries into the house by myself.

In short, I need you here, please come home soon!!

Love
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. I love that you love your husband as much as I love mine. I really do think we need to ask our mothers about this birth separation thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet Mandy! I also hate it when my husband has to go away!

    ReplyDelete