Friday, June 19, 2009

I feel like taking a break


I feel like taking a break. A break from infertility. I want to go somewhere where infertility doesn't exist. I read through the forum and the blogs everyday and it just makes me exhausted. I feel a kind of numbness after I've been on the boards. So I think I am going to take a break. I will still be blogging but not about infertility and when I feel up to it I will look at the forum but for now I want my life to be like this:

- I want to live again, without planning for pregnancy in my head the whole time

- I want to go onto the pill, so that my mind can't decieve me with pregnancy symptoms

- I want to have normal cycles

- I want to loose weight

- I want to excercise more regularly

- I want to laugh

- I want to focus on something else

- I want to forget

So my plan is to still go see Dr Fourie, tell him about Dr V and Dr V's advice. Hear what he says.

Oh and I also phoned his receptionist and told her that I had been in contact with Dr V and that he recommends a medicated cycle with Letrazole & Menopur. I asked whether he would do such a cycle if I asked specifically for it and what the costs would be and she said he charges for a consultation, one scan and the the costs of the meds. Which will be R205 per ampule and I wil probably need 3 ampules and R290 for the Letrazole. So all in all if I do a cycle here in Welkom it would cost me R1900.

But, as I said I am a bit tired of infertility at the moment, so I think I'm going to put it at the back of my mind until the end of July.

4 comments:

  1. Infertility is one tough horse to break in, and sometimes we just need some time to muster up the courage, energy and will power.
    Just know that there are many people rooting for you on the sideline with whatever choices you make!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck my friend! I will miss yuo, but I fully understand. I also feel like taking a break sometimes, but I dont know how to do it mentally.

    Will be thinking of you often

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I was there to give you a hug and tell you that it will be alright.

    Please take as much time as you need to feel whole again, and please know that you are never far from my thoughts and always in my heart.

    Nix
    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a break for sure. I know it will not be 100% break, especially mentally and emotionally but give yourself some healing time.
    As for your choice of TV, stellar lady! Love Grey's, Survivor my fave, Prisom Break, DSM, Desp Housewives, Army Wives, Brothers & Sisters.

    ReplyDelete