Thursday, July 9, 2009

Diet Dilemma

Okay, I will admit the diet is not going so well. I cut out all sugars during the day but by night time I am ready to commit murder if I don't get sugar into my body fast enough. And it's bad. Think severe Cocaine addiction and then you might get a very slight idea of how I feel when I get home. The past 2 evenings I caved, and that only makes it worse, so I know I have to stop the vicious cycle somehow.


This is my diet diary since Tuesday:
Breakfast: Weet bix, hot water, sweetener.
Snack: 1 cup Veggie soup
Lunch: Wholewheat Peanut butter sandwich
Dinner: Grilled lamb chop, sweet potato, steamed veggies
Cheat: a Tex

Wednesday
Breakfast: Weetbix, hot water, sweetener.
Lunch: Low GI seed bread with ham and cheese
Dinner: 1 Chicken breast (cooked in woolies sauce), pumkin, peas, rice.
Cheat: 2 Koeksisters and a piece of droe wors

The thing is this, I am not eating that much food, but I am eating the wrong foods.
Check out this blogpost at Fertile Healthy:
http://www.fertilehealthy.com/blog/2009/07/08/im-so-over-that/

It's a lot easier said than done to change your whole eating lifestyle.
One thing that I don't want to use as an excuse, but it is the naked truth, is that DH will never ever compromise his rys, vleis and aartapels for a whole food diet. He also loves his snacks like chips, sweets and coke/tab, and I have tried but failed miserably to conform him. But I am going to try my best to at least eat a bit more healthy in the future. and of course I need to get to the gym!!!

Jahni, I would love to be your diet buddy!!! I think we should weigh in weekly and keep track of our diets, exercise and subsequent progress?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mands,

    Oh girl, the same thing hapened to me and then I joined Sureslim and now I HAVE to weigh in every week and its pretty embarrassing not loosing weight so that works for me. Different things seem to work for different people.

    Maybe if you eat more often it wont affect your BP and make you crave the sweet? Donno, just a thought?

    Good luck girl and KUP ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nutrionalist told me when you craving sweet stuff you lacking magnesium in your diet? Took magnisit (good for dibetics and people like me with hypoglycemia) and it worked a treat.

    Plus if you do feel the need to cave, rather cave during the day before 4, than after 4?

    BUT after all said and done, easier said than done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweety, what I know about low GI could probably kill some one, but you are craving because you are cutting out what is needed in your diet. Unless you are lactose intolerant you need milk, 2% will suffice, even diabetics need some form of sugar in their diets. You have to look at balancing your sugar and calcium intake. No white/refined sugars... remember brown sugar is best. I can send you a week eating plan so that you can have a look at it if you like, although it's not low GI, I can guarantee that you will start shedding some kilos.

    So much for me keeping my mouth shut.

    Nix
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, Nix, can you send me the plan too? evem@tsogosun.com

    Dont worry Mandy, it will happen soon enough! It just takes a bit of time getting used to a routine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi girl!

    I'm in. I'll update on my blog every week (starting Monday). I like low GI because it's simple and easy, and it's true, you do neet sugar, just the right kind! I substitute sugar with xylitol: It's natural, no aftertaste, low kilojoule and low GI. And I substitute normal milk with fat free milk. Oh, and normal cheese with dairybelle delite.

    I'll post my sample menu and then you can pick and choose from there, if you want!

    Good luck to us. Oh crap, now everyone is going to know what I weigh...

    ReplyDelete