Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The nicest thing ANYBODY has EVER done for me

I got a package in the post today....
I had tears in my eyes because it is the nicest thing anybody has ever done for me. My fellow infertility friend and internet sister, Leslie, sent me a gorgeous album and lots of beautiful scrap booking goodies so that I can make an album of all Hayleigh's things. She put so much effort and and love into it. I could just feel how much she cared as I opened it. Leslie has been there for me, during this journey and she has always managed to support and understand me.

Leslie, thank you so much for this wonderful gift and for the handwritten note. It means so much to me. You have touched my heart and you have made me realise that there are people out there who really truly understand what it means to yearn for a child and that there are great lasting friendships that can be built over miles of distance, and mean so much more than the friendships we have with people we see every day. I will always think of you when I look at the album.

I pray that God will bless you soon with the baby you so much yearn for and richly deserve. If ever there was someone who would be a great mommy, it is you. I can just see/feel it in the way you have been there for me.

Lots of love to you my friend. Live strong.












8 comments:

  1. I am bawling my eyes out! You have such a special friend there. What a beautiful & thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly blessed my friend. Thank you Leslie for showing how much Haleigh means, and for being there no matter what.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have Goosebumps! Thank you Lesley for doing this for Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ag, ek tjank sommer!!! Baie, baie spesiaal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is stunninG!

    What a awesome friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (blush) It was an absolute pleasure putting together the parcel for Mandy and Hayleigh, it felt good to honour Hayleigh's life.

    Thanks for you kind words, Mandy.

    Lol
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lesley,

    That it a trully amazing gesture. You are one in a million. You are a true friend! The scrap booking looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete